Owner: Housing Visions
Architect: Barton Partners
Initially constructed in 1912, this brick warehouse complex served first as the Leibowitz Shirt Factory, then the Fecera’s furniture warehouse, and will soon convert to 43 sustainable affordable apartments for the Pottstown community. The 56,000 sq. ft. space calls for rehabilitation of the site and structures into mixed-use residential geared towards local artists as well as commercial space. Site developments are also planned to compliment the site including landscaped parking lots, a new central open air courtyard and other amenities such as gallery space, leasing offices, and a community room. Construction began early 2016 and is expected to be ready for move-in late winter 2017.
Funding is provided in part by PHFA and Montgomery County.